AVR Tutorials Part III – Setting Up Software Environment For AVR Programming
We need programmer drivers for connecting our programmer with PC. . As said earlier we are using the programmer USBTiny. So we will see from where to get the drivers for this programmer. Follow these steps.
- Goto Sparkfun Pocket AVR Programmer
- Scroll down and find the link Windows driver. Click on the link so that you will be able to download the driver file pocketprog-driver.zip.
- We need some more files to be added to this driver set so Goto Sourceforge LIB USB folder
- Click on the latest release as shown in the picture.
- Unzip the two folders and Goto LIB Usb folder ->bin-> Amd_64
- If you are using Windows 7 – 64 bit rename libusb0.dll as libusb0_x64.dll and libusb0.sys as libusb0_x64.sys
- Copy and replace the renamed files to pocketprog_driver folder
Now we are going to install the driver for our programmer.
- Goto Device Manager -> right click on your PC name -> Add legacy hardware->Select install hardware manually-> click next-> again click next-> have disk-> browse for pocket prog_driver folder->pocketprog.inf-> click next and finish the setup (ignore windows security notification)
Now the programmer driver is installed .Now we will download the software WinAVR for programming our microcontroller. So follow these steps
- Goto Sourceforge WinAVR directory
- Download the setup file and install it in your PC
In the next tutorial we will see how to connect our programmer with PC.
Speak your questions , doubts, opinions etc. about this tutorials as comments below!