This is an Embedded design contest for students, interested individuals & entrepreneurs from all over India. This contest has been put forward to inspire the vast technically savvy community in India to architect, design and develop novel embedded applications based on Intel Atom® processors in areas such as Consumer Electronics, Digital Security Surveillance, Medical, Storage & others. Intel India Embedded Challenge 2011 was very successful.
The Proposed designs must be based on Intel® Atom Processors for embedded computing. The Intel IEC 2012 has two main categories
1. Student Category: Students studying in technical institutions, management institutions, degree, diploma colleges across India can participate in this category. Students can participate as individuals or in a team not exceeding more than 3 members
2. Professional Category: Working professionals, faculty members, research associates, project associates, technology enthusiasts, independent or free lance consultants, technology solutions providers, entrepreneurs from across India can participate in this category as individuals or in a team not exceeding more than 3 members
- The contest is open to Residents of India above 18 years of age
- Participants consisting of 1-3 individuals can take part in the contest.
|Phase 1 : Deadline for Submission of abstract||January 30, 2012|
|Results of Phase 1||February 15 , 2012|
|Phase 2 : Deadline for Submission of final abstracts by short listed teams||March 15, 2012|
|Results of Phase 2 – Selected teams will be short listed for the finals||March 30 , 2012|
|Finalists to receive the application reference designs kits||April, 2012|
|Finals – F2F, Presentations to Jury & Award Ceremony||August, 2012|
- Intel Innovation Grand Prize: Rs.5, 00,000/- (to be given as seed funding). Total Two Prizes, one prize each in embedded intelligent systems theme and embedded solutions for social cause theme
- The award will be paid in two installments (Rs. 250000/- first installment and Rs. 250000/- second installment) based on milestones mutually agreed between award winners and Intel for further development of the prototype
- The award will be paid in two installments (Rs. 100000/- first installment and Rs. 100000/- second installment) based on milestones mutually agreed between award winners and Intel for further development of the prototype