About The Book
The book provides an integrated treatment of continuous-time and discrete-time systems for two courses at undergraduate level or one course at postgraduate level. The stress is on the interdisciplinary nature of subject and examples have been drawn from various engineering disciplines to illustrate the basic system concepts. A strong emphasis is laid on modeling of practical systems involving hardware; control components of a wide variety are comprehensively covered. Time and frequency domain techniques of analysis and design of control systems have been exhaustively treated and their interrelationship established.
Adequate breadth and depth is made available for second course. The coverage includes digital control systems: analysis, stability and classical design; state variables for both continuous-time and discrete-time systems; observers and pole-placement design; Liapunov stability; optimal control; and recent advances in control systems: adaptive control, fuzzy logic control, neural network control.
- State variables concept introduced in Chapter 2
- Examples and problems around obsolete technology updated. New examples added
- Robotics modeling and control included
- PID tuning procedure well explained and illustrated
- Robust control introduced in a simple and easily understood style
- State variable formulation and design simplified and generalizations built on examples
- Digital control; both classical and modern approaches, covered in depth
- A Chapter on Adaptive, Fuzzy Logic and Neural Network Control, amenable to undergraduate level use, included
- Chapter on Nonlinear Systems added
- An appendix in MATLAB with examples from time and frequency domain analysis and design, included.
Table of Contents
- Mathematical Models of Physical Systems
- Feedback Characteristics of Control Systems
- Control Systems and Components
- Time Response Analysis, Design Specifications a Performance Indies
- Concepts of Stability and Algebraic Criteria
- The Root Locus Technique
- Frequency Response Analysis
- Stability in Frequency Domain
- Introduction to Design
- Digital Control Systems
- State Variable Analysis and Design
- Liapunov’s Stability Analysis
- Optimal Control Systems
- Nonlinear Systems
- Advances in Control Systems
Post your reviews as comments!!!