Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in Engineering and Technology. This time GATE is Organised by IIT Bombay on behalf of the National Coordination Board – GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India. The GATE score of a candidate reflects the relative performance level of a candidate. The score is used for admissions to various post-graduate programmes (eg. M.E., M.Tech, direct Ph.D.) in Indian higher education institutes with financial assistance provided by MHRD and other Government agencies. The score may also be used by Public sector units for employment screening purposes.
Applying for GATE 2013
- Before applying for the exam you must :
- Ensure you are eligible for GATE 2013.
- Determine the GATE paper you wish you appear for (You can appear in only one paper for GATE 2013).
- Choose at least two cities that are convenient for you to write the exam.
- Unlike previous years application for appearing in GATE 2013 have to be made online only.
- Your choice of exam paper will determine the examination type (online/offline), date, and choice of available cities.