Selection Process : Direct InterviewBranch : Electrical and Electronics Engineering
About the Company
The Power Grid Corporation of India Limited, is an Indian state-owned electric utilities company headquartered in Gurgaon, India. POWERGRID transmits about 50% of the total power generated in India on its transmission network.
Selection Process : Direct Interview
Interview was based on my area of interest. I was interested in Electrical Machines. Also they asked about major project, mini project and summer internship. Other questions were:
- Two incandescent lamps of 40watt and 100watt of same voltage rating are connected in series. Which bulb will glow more?
- What are the necessary conditions for connecting transformers in parallel?
- What will happen if impedances of transformers mismatch?
- What are IDMT relays?
- How arc quenching takes place in SF6 CB?
- Advantages of HVDC transmission?
- What is skin effect?
- What are the causes of skin effect?
- Difference between Triac and Thyristor?
- What are the transmission line compensation techniques?
- Difference between auto transformer and two winding transformer?
Study the following subjects thoroughly
- Machines, Switch gear and protection, Power systems