Company : ESAB Welding & Cutting Equipments / ESAB India Limited
Round 1: Written Test
Round 2: Group Discussion
Round 3: Interview (Tech + HR)
Branches : Electrical & Electronics, Mechanical & Production
About the Company
The company is an industry leader in production and development of equipment used in welding and cutting, and the world's largest manufacturer of welding and cutting equipment and materials. ESAB has 30 manufacturing facilities, strategically located near to end users. In addition ESAB’s associates have two manufacturing facilities. ESAB sells its products in most countries of the world.
- Comprised of 60 (40 Technical + 20 General) questions to be answered in 60 minutes.
- +1 for every correct answer, -1 for every wrong answer.
- Power Electronics
- Analog Electronics
- Electrical Machines
- General Knowledge – 7
- Aptitude & Logical – 13
- Topic: Is IPL good for Indian Cricket?
- Focus on quality points rather than speaking a lot.
- Do not argue and debate.
- Try coming to a solution or a strategy rather than just talking about the problem.
- Summarize the discussion in a way that everyone’s points are covered.
- Started with “Tell me something about yourself” in which I talked about why I chose Electrical Engineering over other branches and later about my interests. Do talk about the projects you have undertaken.
- Technical Interview was focused on Analog and Power Electronics
- Detailed discussions on Mini & Major Projects.
- Discussion on devices and IC’s like LM 317, LM309, MOSFET & IGBT.