AVR Tutorials Part IV-Getting the Microcontroller Ready for ProgrammingNow its time to connect our programmer to our PC. So connect the SPI cable to the microcontroller as taught earlier.See the connection diagram
- Connect the USB cable to USB port
- Click Start -> Search for cmd.exe and open it
- In cmd.exe , Type cd/ and press enter
- Type avrdude –c usbtiny –p m16 as shown in the figure
Note : If you are using another programmer replace usbtiny with the name of your programmer and if you are using another microcontroller, say atmega 32 then replace m16 with m32.
- Press Enter. If everything is ok you will get a message like this.
Now your microcontroller is ready to accept instructions from the AVR dude .In the next tutorial we see our first program to light up an LED.
Head Over to Part V : My First Program on AVR to Light Up an LED
Speak your questions , doubts, opinions etc. about this tutorials as comments below!